Return of the Dark Sorcerer is a Final Fantasy VI mod that's been in development for about 4 years and has had many different hands on to help get it to where it is today.
This mod promises to showcase some of the more challenging aspects of FFVI modding, as well as plenty of fun and exciting new content -- from an all new cast of playable characters with customized movesets, a radically changed story with many new and customized events, new overworld maps, a new soundtrack, and lots of unique sprites.
- New cast of characters with customized move sets.
- New and customized events.
- A whole new musical soundtrack.
- New WoB and WoR overworld maps
- New dialog script.
- Major original bugs fixed, many of the lesser ones as well.
- WoB Colosseum added.
- Soul Shrine boss medly event.
- Longer Esper & Spell names.
- Natural stat growth.
- Stat raising items, ala Chrono Trigger & FFIV.
- Character class names.
- More Rare items, with uses.
- Increased game difficulty.
- Removed Level Averaging.
- Removed Magicite level-up bonuses.
- Different skills like Magic, Tools, Item etc. all take different time before initiating.
- New Game + event.
- New and customized maps.
- A hundred or so added treasures.
- Music plays uninterrupted (no battle music) in most non-overworld areas.
- The 7 dragons replaced with Lord Envoy's FFVI Advance Monsters Den counterparts.
- Super bosses.
- Imported BRR's (instrument samples) from other games.
- New monsters and bosses. (Sprites, battle scripts, stats)
- Unique NPC sprites, and some very interesting characters.
- New spells and custom spell animations, as well as weapon graphics.
- Hold "B" to sprint.
- High MP costing Spells, and a fixed MP digit in the menu to compensate.
- Near Fatal Status is changed to 1/4 HP from 1/8, to encourage more Desperation Attacks; Desperation Attacks is not limited to just once per battle per character.
- New equipment and Relics.
- All items have descriptions.
Download IPS patch HERE:
This mod should be played on emulators that support larger ROMs:
When patching, make sure to use a clean HEADERED Final Fantasy III (U) (V1.0) [!] ROM.
If you are having a freezing issue in battle, it's because you did not patch on a headered ROM. There are tools that can add a header to a ROM if you cannot locate a Final Fantasy III (U) (V1.0) [!] that is headered. If you still have issues getting it to work, please contact me and I will get you up and running.