Return of the Dark Sorcerer is a complete Final Fantasy VI hack, with over 3 years of development time, and many different hands on.
This hack promises to showcase some of the more challenging aspects of FFVI hacking, as well as plenty of fun and exciting new content - from an all new cast of playable characters with customized movesets, a radically changed story with many new and customized events, a new soundtrack, and a plethora of unique character & monster sprites, as well as NPCs.
- New cast of characters with customized move sets.
- New and customized events.
- A whole new musical soundtrack.
- New WoB and WoR overworld maps!
- Script is over ten times as large as the original game.
- Major original bugs fixed, many of the lesser ones as well.
- WoB Colosseum added with much work done to the betting system.
- Soul Shrine boss medly event.
- FFVI Advance menu and dialog text.
- Longer Esper & Spell names.
- Natural stat growth.
- Stat raising items, ala Chrono Trigger & FFIV.
- Character class names.
- More Rare items, with uses.
- Increased in game difficulty.
- Removed Level Averaging.
- Removed Magicite level-up bonuses.
- Different skills like Magic, Tools, Item etc. all take different time before initiating.
- New Game + event.
- New and customized maps, as well as secret areas.
- A hundred or so added treasures.
- Music plays uninterrupted (no battle music) in non-overworld areas.
- The 7 dragons replaced with Lord Envoy's FFVI Advance Monsters Den counterparts.
- Super bosses.
- Imported BRR's (instrument samples) from other games.
- New monsters and bosses. (Sprites, battle scripts, stats)
- Unique NPC sprites, and some very interesting characters.
- New spells and spell animations, as well as weapon animations and graphics.
- Hold "B" to sprint.
- High MP costing Spells, and a fixed MP digit in the menu to compensate.
- Desperation Attacks can occur anytime, regardless of near-fatal status.
- New equipment and Relics.
- All items have descriptions.
- Well written dialog and story.
Download v1.0 HERE: (Soon to be released)
This hack should be played on either zsnes.
When patching, make sure to use a clean FF3 1.0 U.S. ROM.