Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > 1.8.0 is out

Webbhead08

Interesting bug to report - had Serin equipped with Phoenix esper, none of the skills learned past 10% if at all, and after defeating the dark crystal, after you know who, I ended up with 100, 44, 100, 44, 100% for phoenix spells learned. Is there a cap on max spell points per battle or something? Did not get all 5 x 100, although got the one that mattered the most so... 

Everyone else got 100% of theirs (Odin, Black Waltz, and Anima) 

Also, do you lose all random battles in the area after defeating Shenron? No more encounters for me, anywhere

October 25, 2017 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Is Alpha Omega Dream Stone version powered up, or the same? Seemed stronger but I liked it. 

(Also, only gained 1 Might Tab from Dream Stone sequence) 

October 29, 2017 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Taco_Party

I'm downloading v1.8.3 now.

For the record, I've saved older versions of this hack on a flash drive. I have a folder for the original v1.0 dated 10/31/2014. It's been more than three years you guys have been developing this shit. Keep up the good work, mofos.

--

October 31, 2017 at 2:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Wow hey so sorry for the lack of response, according to the home page there was no new post in over a month, so I didn't check here. >_< Thanks so much for the bug reports, I'll look into them for the next update, which is still soon to come! Gonna be a really nice one at that.

--

November 15, 2017 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

[No rewards for killing elder dragon? Or is it a chance drop I didn't get?]

It can actually drop a Golden Apple, but it's rare.

[Wooh! Coldfang fight was phan-figgity-fucking tastic! Perhaps taken on too early, but

after 30+ recharges, an elixir, and 30 minutes, that sweet sweet sound of crackle and

crumble came boisterously through. Plus I LOVE that song, it's so well done. Is the song for the Coldfang fight "SOM Boss Theme" ? The music player plays the correct tune, but searching online the Secret of Mana Boss Theme song is a different one... a little confused]

Right on! That one seems to be a popular one among players. That song is awesome, it was a case of one that got a major sound update being on SNES/FFVI. The game it's from is Sword of Mana, I was afraid that SoM would cause some confusion >_< I think Sword of Mana would make it go past the character limit for that menu, but maybe now I'll check! The Secret of Mana boss theme is also in the game heh.

--

November 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

[Interesting bug to report - had Serin equipped with Phoenix esper, none of the skills

learned past 10% if at all, and after defeating the dark crystal, after you know who, I ended up with 100, 44, 100, 44, 100% for phoenix spells learned. Is there a cap on max spell points per battle or something? Did not get all 5 x 100, although got the one that mattered the most so...

Everyone else got 100% of theirs (Odin, Black Waltz, and Anima)

Also, do you lose all random battles in the area after defeating Shenron? No more encounters for me, anywhere]

Huh that is interesting, there might just be a cap or it goes weird. I'll look into that as well, good catch. And yes I removed the random battles from there after defeating Shenron.

[Is Alpha Omega Dream Stone version powered up, or the same? Seemed stronger but I liked it.

(Also, only gained 1 Might Tab from Dream Stone sequence)]

He is the same. And d'oh! I'll take a look, thanks. :)

--

November 15, 2017 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.