Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > Ideas & Requests

break

Man, outside of playing this romhack, I have been hooked on the mobile game "Granblue Fantasy"

Mainly because it follows the same formula as FF6.

I was wondering, since we are able to insert sprites and music into this hack, would it be possible to use some from mobile RPGs ?

Granblue Fantasy has awesome enemy/boss sprites plus a nice soundtrack.

I would formally like to request that some music and sprites be implemented into future version of this romhack. 

* the game has two graphic archives on amazon, if you want to take a look *

--

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube

http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

March 5, 2017 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike (Gi Nattak)
Site Owner

I'll take a look at that soundtrack, and sprites as well. As it is, the amount of songs to add is maxed out (254), and am happy with them all enough to not want to replace any. Well, mostly any, unless Jackimus does any more which I'd gladly replace one or two. And at one point we're hopefully still be doing a complete opera makeover with new song(s).

--

March 7, 2017 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike (Gi Nattak)
Site Owner

I'll take a look at that soundtrack, and sprites as well. As it is, the amount of songs to add is maxed out (254), and am happy with them all enough to not want to replace any. Well, mostly any, unless Jackimus does any more which I'd gladly replace one or two. And at one point we're hopefully still be doing a complete opera makeover with new song(s).

--

March 7, 2017 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

break

Thanks for the speedy reply !

* I know you and your team are working tirelessly on the next update *

Yeah, I don't really play mobile games...but two games really caught my attention :

Granblue Fantasy and Terra Battle.

So much so that I had to get the soundtracks for both games.

But even more than that, the art style and spriting is top notched for a mobile game.

Both take me back to the FF6 days on the SNES ^_^"

Currently saving up a little money to get all of the Art-Books for both games.

Anyhow, I thank you again for considering my request and replying so swiftly !

--

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube

http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

March 13, 2017 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

Dear Gi Nattak and Team,

Hey Gi Nattak and Team, Just wanted to say great job on your FF6 ROTDS mod. I have been following this mod since 1.2 and I have to say It's excellent a lot of fun and even trumps vanilla, well done. I have some ideas see what you think about them.

1. Cloud's upgraded omnislash technique. ( I forget if its his level 7 or 8 tech) once he learns this ability it pretty much makes his level 4 tech useless. How about when he learns his upgraded omnislash tech he also upgrades his level 4 tech into a new sword tech that does something different?

2. How about making Oboro innate dual wield? He is a ninja/assassin after all.

3 .Is there anyway to enable the heartless the ability to mimic enemy spells and abilities instead of just party members? I think this would be awesome.

4. How about having the dragon horn for Otis having 2-4 jumps instead of 2-3? Same as vanilla? Is this to imbalanced? Also, If I equip both the ship wrecker and dragon horn on Otis, what happens? Is there anyway to have him be able to jump with the dragon horns power and have the cannon ability?

5. Arcs runic. After I use arcs runic he only just kinda sits there and I cant do anything else with him and have to wait until the enemy uses another runicable spell. How about if I use runic, the runic flag doesn't go away if I choose to attack with Arc or cast a spell, It only goes away when the enemy casts a spell that is runicable. Is this also too imbalanced? It would make him much more useful.

I'm new so wasn't sure where to post this. would love to hear back from you about my questions and ideas. Once again thanks so much for you and your teams hard work on making this mod to one of my favorite games. Much appreciated.

April 2, 2017 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

Also to add to last post because of character limit.

6. Im not sure how to type this without spoilers, So if your new to this game or FF6 try to avoid....

Anyway, When Aurora gets her "form" how about when she Morphs giving her the Innate bonuses of Float, (she can fly after all and has wings..) and regen? Would make her and her form unique..

April 2, 2017 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike (Gi Nattak)
Site Owner

Exodus at April 2, 2017 at 4:23 PM

Dear Gi Nattak and Team,

Hey Gi Nattak and Team, Just wanted to say great job on your FF6 ROTDS mod. I have been following this mod since 1.2 and I have to say It's excellent a lot of fun and even trumps vanilla, well done. I have some ideas see what you think about them.

1. Cloud's upgraded omnislash technique. ( I forget if its his level 7 or 8 tech) once he learns this ability it pretty much makes his level 4 tech useless. How about when he learns his upgraded omnislash tech he also upgrades his level 4 tech into a new sword tech that does something different?

2. How about making Oboro innate dual wield? He is a ninja/assassin after all.

3 .Is there anyway to enable the heartless the ability to mimic enemy spells and abilities instead of just party members? I think this would be awesome.

4. How about having the dragon horn for Otis having 2-4 jumps instead of 2-3? Same as vanilla? Is this to imbalanced? Also, If I equip both the ship wrecker and dragon horn on Otis, what happens? Is there anyway to have him be able to jump with the dragon horns power and have the cannon ability?

5. Arcs runic. After I use arcs runic he only just kinda sits there and I cant do anything else with him and have to wait until the enemy uses another runicable spell. How about if I use runic, the runic flag doesn't go away if I choose to attack with Arc or cast a spell, It only goes away when the enemy casts a spell that is runicable. Is this also too imbalanced? It would make him much more useful.

I'm new so wasn't sure where to post this. would love to hear back from you about my questions and ideas. Once again thanks so much for you and your teams hard work on making this mod to one of my favorite games. Much appreciated.

Hi there! Thanks for the kind words and for being a loyal player. :) I appreciate it and your ideas here, they are quite good.

1) This does make sense, it would be something I'd like to do for sure. Of course these kind of changes require assembly coding skills which I myself do not have, so I'd have to request this from Madsiur or an outside coder, unless I learn myself someday. Requesting these kind of things (ASM hacks) is not easy because they take time and can become complex, but I'll definitely write this idea down to have in the future. Besides this, it would require spell expansion or at least replacing a spell, for the new limit 4 I'd imagine.

2) I think I had him dual wielding at some point in earlier version, can't exactly remember why I removed it other than there is already Avalon innate dual katanas, Ronan and Tifa with the claws, so it would be a bit overkill maybe. That, and Arc since he is able to use Oboro's weapons, would be able to dual equip a multitude of unintentional weapon combos due to how the whole dual weapon flag is coded. I agree it makes much sense for him being a ninja guy to dual weild, but maybe then there'd be too many characters that can do it and the issue with Arc.

3) Hmm, not that I know of. I mean it is possible I'm sure, but have no idea how to go about doing this, except for once again it'd require assembly hacking and probaby would be a lot of work. ASM hacking is not my strong point to say the least, maybe if Madsiur sees this post he could answer much better if this is technically feasible or not. Thinking about it though, it might be annoying in the cases of wanting to mimic your characters move, but the monster attacking first and mimicing that move instead.

4) Yeah this change was done to balance out the OP 4 jump in a row.

I'd guess that once the Shipwrecker is equipped, the Dragon Horn serves no purpose since the Jump command is changed to Cannon. There is no way as it is to utilize both relics, no. It's one or the other.

5) There is a patch that can do just this, but imo it then makes him a bit OP yeah. Runic is a bit better than it was in vanilla as it is now, so having it be able to 'fire-and-forget' might push it over the edge, and make it so Runic is not as strategic as it is intended to be basically. At least that's been my thinking this whole time for not doing this. I will consider it again at least!

Also to add to last post because of character limit.

6. Im not sure how to type this without spoilers, So if your new to this game or FF6 try to avoid....

Anyway, When Aurora gets her "form" how about when she Morphs giving her the Innate bonuses of Float, (she can fly after all and has wings..) and regen? Would make her and her form unique..

This is a real cool idea! Not sure how hard it'd be to implement, but I'll definitely keep this in mind.

Thanks man, all your ideas are sound and I'll not forget about them. :)

--

April 4, 2017 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

Thanks for the reply Gi Nattak. Awesome news that version 1.7.2 is out. I'm not sure where to post this but ill try sending you a pm message as well, but i've run into some bugs and a game breaking bug that freezes the game and prevents me from playing.

1. I'm in the WOB with cloud, tifa, avalon and oboro. About to head to twilight vista. Cloud is level17, and right when he gains level 18 and I believe is about to learn his level 4 limit. The game freezes everytime and I can't continue, sometimes even throwing me back to the title screen.

2. In the WOB in fraust, to the left of the relic shop, there is a man walking back and forth checking out a machine. When he is north of the machine, his sprite gets all corrupted and looks like it splits in half.

3. I'm not sure how to describe this one. When I equip Tifa, and Ronan with items there is a strange corrupted icon that appears next to the helmet slot, to the right of it. It looks like crossed swords.. Im pretty sure its not supposed to be there.. I have taken pictures but I'm not sure how to upload them on this board.. I'm not flamiliar with that. Do you have an E-mail? I can send them that way.

4.Some of reapers spirit powers dont work as intended. One particular spirit is Ember. The description says its supposed to grant him haste status, but it does not.

April 7, 2017 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike (Gi Nattak)
Site Owner

Uh oh! Damn it all to hell lol.

Are these bugs from this latest 1.7.2 version or 1.7.1? Mainly wondering for bug report numero uno there.

1) This sounds horrible, I'll check it out today. It is strange it would do it on the 4th and not the others, speaking from a previous same issue some versions ago. And Ronan learning combos hopefully is working. I'm not sure how this coulda got broken.

2) Ah oops. Thanks, I'll fix that right up, can't believe I didn't make sure to test that NPC after switching it.

3) This is not a bug actually, but a patch that adds that icon to any character that is current'y dual-weilding weapons of any kind. There is also 2 other icons, but only 1 other actually do to me removing a relic feature that featured one of the icons. The other icon I think is where Gauntlet/Vambrace is equipped?

4) Ah yes, seems I might have removed Haste from them and forgot to update the Spirit description. Or actually, I think I meant to put 'Float'. Thank you sir. Is there any more you've noticed then?

Off to go check out Cloud...

--

April 7, 2017 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike (Gi Nattak)
Site Owner

Ouch, yes I see Cloud's Limit learning per level gain is once again broken... It did it for me on the 3rd Limit here. Not sure about Ronan Blitzes yet. Sigh, hopefully something easy to fix. If so should have an update later today.

EDIT: Okay I know what the culprit is, I'll get to hopefully fixing it now.

--

April 7, 2017 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

Yes, this is from the latest 1.7.2

I wasnt aware about that icon. For some reason it never occured to me that it was intentional and signaled the character can dual wield. I didnt know, I thought it was a strange glitch. I just kinda of noticed it there one time and was like.... huh? Very nice about the icons I had no idea of.

I'm doing another playthrough of this game. If i notice anything else I'll post them here or send you a personal message.

April 7, 2017 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike (Gi Nattak)
Site Owner

I'll have the update ready tonight, it's kinda a long story but I basically broke the skill learned on level up trying to fix another bug this previous version, and copied over some bad data from a backup ROM that I thought fixed that bug, and while it did, it causes this latest issue. So I'll revert that data and do some quick looking into fixing that first bug (which is now hidden anyway) and if I can't fix that I'll just re-upload this.

--

April 7, 2017 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

Sounds good man! Just wanted to say thanks again to you and your team for continueing to support and update this mod. ( every time i see a new update I get excited over the changes and additions.. haha!) This is one of my favorite games of all time and to me it never gets old. I replay it all the time, and your mod only enhances it and makes it much better.

Also... another Idea. .:)  I'm not sure if clouds level 6 tech adds stop to all enemies, (cant remember) but if it does, how about also adding slow status to all enemies? It would hit all enemies with damage and attempt to add stop and slow. It would be like Cyans stunner tech in vanilla just a bit better. Think that'd be awesome to.

I just keep brainstorming ideas... I cant help it. LoL. :lol:

April 7, 2017 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

Got another idea, suggestion. Give oboro a scroll that he can throw that uses the wind slash attack against enemies. It would round out his scrolls and would be very useful. Wind spells/attacks are rare to your party and its hard to target enemies who are weak to wind.

Also, not trying to offend anybody, but maybe change the vortex spell back to its original graphics and sounds from vanilla. I liked it much better than the grand delta type animation and the tritoch scream sound effect it has now.

April 11, 2017 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

Here's a idea for Heartless. How about giving him (it?) exclusive equipment that only he can use, that maybe buffs or enhances him in some way? He normally cannot equip weapons, but maybe have his special weapon probably be some type of claw that you can find somewhere. Not sure about a shield, armor or helmet. Would this be to conflicting?

For Ronan. Is it possible to be able to have his single target combos control what monster it hits? Instead of random chance, you would input the combo, press the accept button, then the target pointer would allow you to control what monster the single target combo hits. Sounds a little confuseing but its the best I can explain it. Haha.

Also regarding his Crippleing Strike combo, instead of it just being a poison elemental attack and adding poison, buff it some and make it a bit more intresting by also adding a chance to inflict doom status as well and maybe sleep? Ronan's "touch of death" attack. hahaha. I think it'd be a cool throwback to vanillas vargas versus sabins battle when vargas uses doomfist and the first time you fight Raditz.

Anyway thats all I got for now. When I think of more i'll just keep posting them. Yes, this game has consumed a portion of my life. Not a bad thing tho. Hahaha.

April 14, 2017 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Exodus

One more thing. Couldn't add this in last post cause of edit button.

Heartless desperation attack since he doesnt have one could be shadow strike, since he uses it in battle when you fight him before he joins up. Not sure on its animation or effects though.

April 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.