Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > Beta Testing - Phase 4 (The Final Phase)

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Hey guys! Back in buisness again here for who knows how many days before the site goes down again. As you might notice the previous beta testing threads have been deleted, as well as pictures and videos. This was more or less a desperate attempt to free up bandwith so the site wouldn't close, but alas it did... I'm sorry about doing that and I hope ya'll don't mind too much. All the bugs that have been reported in the previous threads have been addressed and noted. Anyways, from now on I must ask to please refrain from posting any silly non-hack related animated gifs/pictures, as that just takes up bandwith and I'm kinda over that whole thing. While it was funny, I'd now like to keep things somewhat serious around here please, now that the testing period has arrived. If something like that goes up it will be removed, and if it continues then I will be forced to remove the person.

There's just literally a couple more things to get done before I will be sending it out. Poco Loco is working on the last of the spritework that will be going in, and Lord Envoy a battlescript or two (more to come later). I was just going to release it, but it would be wiser to go this route just in case we missed a bug or two, or spelling errors etc. The testing period will be for just 1 month, then the release. So I will be using the same testers as before, and any of those whom I've promised I would as well. Should be ready to go this next weekend I'm thinking. To all others, please be patient while the testing commences and I promise in 1 month from when the testing officially starts, you will be playing the game as well. =)

Also, many of you know this I'm sure, but if this site closes down again you can go to ff6hacking.com where there will be a ROTDS sub-thread soon where we can discuss the hack or report bugs etc. I am obviously using the free version of this site for now, and that's why it went down - I'm sure it will happen again if I don't upgrade.

Anyways, things have been rolling along real well and I look forward to the next update here by this weekend.

Mike (Gi Nattak)

June 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B00MSH1ZZ

I don't suppose I'm one of those people am I? Because I was under the impression that most of the active posters in the beta test forum thread would be involved in the testing. At least I'm pretty sure someone said that at some point.

--

PEOPLE DIE IF THEY ARE KILLED

June 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Yes you are. That's pretty much what I meant, those that have been active waiting here and that I've gotten their email from. I'm pretty sure I've gotten your's, I gotta check the messages again here when it's time to send it. If you haven't be sure and messege me it.

--

June 3, 2014 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bryan.

I was one of testers for the last mod and that was awesome. So this weekend if everything goes right. Can't wait I have been playing the Leo hack as I waited for this. ^_^

June 3, 2014 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B00MSH1ZZ

Awesome. thats good news for us forum stalkers. Also, I'll be sure to message you my email incase I haven't already.

--

June 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bryan.

Oh yeah thats a good point do you still have your list of people or are you going to need everyones e-mails again?

June 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

uh, Nattak, I hate to be "that guy" but "I AM THAT GUY" so yeah, we went over this fool this is technically the 5th phase, as the last one was phase 4, we went over this c'mon now lolz

well then again I suppose the 5th thread should be made when its released

but some note worthy things, my playthru is nearing its final stages, and I'm adding a couple of surprises in, they will be done by the end of this week hopefully so bare with me here lol 

--

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

June 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bryan.

I have to admit Knowing that this weekend we might be playing a newer version of ROTDS... is going to make this week go SO SLOW lol... good thing I work all week to take my mind off of things :P

June 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

thedirtyhippie

Huzzah! Time to clear my schedule this weeked lol.

--

~Not all who wander are lost~

June 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim820

Glad to hear everything is back up.

Looking forward to the release.

June 4, 2014 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

well 1 of the custom chars is done but I need 2 add 2 or 3 little things just 2 get the most use out of it, the next one is in the works now 

I'll try to get that out the way ASAP

but that doesn't mean its going to be released this weekend, slow down a bit there lolz, I should be done with everything that needs to be done on my part by then, Mike has 2 work in a couple of things once I'm done and we will make sure everything is placed in, then after that we should be good to go

give us another week, 2 more tops but the time is near my friends 

--

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

June 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Magical Trevor

Well... drat. XD I don't thinkg I was one of the 'promised' ones, so I guess it's another month of waiting for me. *Puts on try-hard patience pants*

June 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Justin

Welcome back gentlemen :)

June 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bryan.

I hope its done before the 20th at least cause I have to drive to PA with my wife for her family get together and I can't wait to ignore everyone and play this :D lol jk she would have my hide

June 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

actually I might have to take back what I said, Mike is on fire today, and already did like 3 events today so that my friends is a record, he is really pushing, so I'm gonna try to finish this other sprite by tonight or tomorrow but by the weekend I should be done for sure 

--

-HNIC

June 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bryan.

:|....:/....:)...:D.... Don't play with my emotions Poco ... or I will stick you lol :P

June 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

I dare you to try fool LOL

but massive progress is being made, that being said leave us to our work gentlemen please and thank you :) 

--

-HNIC

June 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B00MSH1ZZ

By all means good sirs. Carry on.

--

June 5, 2014 at 4:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

Yay its back! I was wondering what had happened!

June 5, 2014 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

flarenial

the times, they finally be upon us

--

June 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.