Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > RotDS General Discussion etc.

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

With the beta testing all wrapped up and the hack released, this will be the new thread to discuss anything regarding the hack, or whatever really. Post away!

In case you haven't downloaded the hack, here is the link:

http://www.ff6hacking.com/Patches/FFVI_ROTDS.zip

P.S. Happy Halloween!

--

October 31, 2014 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

flarenial

wocawoca

--

October 31, 2014 at 1:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Stoned Kuroi

i feel old but i can finally play it!

October 31, 2014 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Exalt

I cannot play it. It says I need a headered ROM. I take the byte size and divide it by 1024 and get a 0 remainder meaning I have a headeredless ROM. How do I make my headeredless ROM headered? I downloaded the SNESTool, but I do not know what to do next. I tried Googling it, but it does not help.

October 31, 2014 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Exalt at October 31, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I cannot play it. It says I need a headered ROM. I take the byte size and divide it by 1024 and get a 0 remainder meaning I have a headeredless ROM. How do I make my headeredless ROM headered? I downloaded the SNESTool, but I do not know what to do next. I tried Googling it, but it does not help.

with SNESTool, you would hit 'A' for 'add header' then just select the ROM (it should be in the same folder) and that's it, it will add the header and let you know it was successful. Then apply patch.

I'm not sure of how touchy webs.com is about the legality aspects of rom hacking and patches vs. ROMS, so I've been avoiding posting the ROM itself, at least on the main page. But BlackKei did here so there it is lol.

--

October 31, 2014 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exalt

Exalt at October 31, 2014 at 3:39 PM

All right. Thanks. I got it to work.

October 31, 2014 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exalt

So apparently, for the first battle, I get a freeze. What exactly is wrong?

October 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

sigh, I guess the pre-patched one he uploaded was not done right...

Here, this one is pre-patched, by me this time:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3vk8d8g5bac94i3/ROTDS+v1.0.SMC

--

October 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exalt

Gi Nattak at October 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM

sigh, I guess the pre-patched one he uploaded was not done right...

Here, this one is pre-patched, by me this time:

This one works. Thanks.

October 31, 2014 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Garland

I've been lurking for about two years now and I just had to make an account to say HOT DAMN THIS HACK IS AMAZING!

I haven't had much time to play through it yet but so far its perfect. You guys put years in this hack and it shows.

Thanks for the best game I've played in a long time :)

...and I'm loving the npc versions of yourselves that you guys put in 

November 1, 2014 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Thanks man, I appreciate it very much it was a rough release day and that will help me fall to sleep =) Please keep me posted,

--

November 1, 2014 at 5:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BlackKei92

He de decir que no me esperaba un prólogo tan extenso. Es un detalle genial de parte suya. Sin contar la batalla contra el Esper. Noté que tomaron elementos de Secret of Mana y Chrono Trigger.

¡Está excelente!

I must say I was not expecting such a lengthy prologue. It is a great detail from you. Excluding the battle against Esper. I noticed that took elements of Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger.

It is excellent!

November 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ShadowYoshi

Hi, i've been playing the game for the past days and i got to psycho city. The thing is, I can't jump from the fences. What I mean is I could do the first two jumps normally, after that i entered the room with the 4 buckets/vases/whatever and the ghost, then i went out to jump from the fence again and it blockes me at the edge of the fence, not moving. It isn't a freeze because there's still the bandit jumping, so yeah...

Also, (minor thing), I noticed that cloud's blade beam inflicts seizure when it misses also.

November 2, 2014 at 5:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Solid Blake

Hey guys, been a lurker here for a year or more, excited to finally play this. I've liked it a lot so far and it feels really balanced-but-challenging, difficulty wise. Buuut I just wanna say I'm having the same problem as ShadowYoshi. Did a bit of skimming in other threads to see if it was mentioned but didn't come across anything, sorry ahead of time if I missed it though.

Like Yosh said, it's not freezing, there's just no longer any controller input received upon reaching that ledge. I even went back downstairs to go back across the first set of jumps to see if it did the same thing there. Sure enough, it did. As soon as I touch either ledge to jump from I'm just locked there.

November 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Hmm was this the pre-patched version?

It is a result of using FF3usME along with a patch that corrects an issue with the jumping between buildings, or rather when you save with FF3usME it will cause that error, and the patch will have to be applied again.

http://zephyr129.bri...et/ZozoJump.zip

also, this one would need to be reapplied as well:

http://zephyr129.bri...net/FF3Dunc.zip

It's strange though because for one I applied the patches before uploading the Zip file (patch) and ROM, so in this case it seems like something else may be causing it...? Either that or by chance did either of you use FF3usME on it?

I went ahead and re-uploaded the ROM and applied the patches again to make doubly sure it aint a case of the usme saving thing, tested the jumps and all seems working, so maybe try this ROM here and see if it solves that issue. If it does I'm not sure how it got that way. Also strange because it seems to be happening to some, and yet not others.

Updated Prepatched ROM:

--

November 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Solid Blake

The prepatched ROM did the trick, thanks much!

Only thing I can think of that I did before applying the ROTDS patch itself was adding a header to my FF 3 ROM using tush. That's about all the input I have, I'm not super knowledgable about this stuff anyhow, haha.

Thanks again though, it's great having such an awesome fan project to play through with responsive and helpful devs to go with it. I'll be back with more thoughts as I play through it. :D

November 2, 2014 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Glad that did it! Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to hearing what you think as you go. =)

@ ShadowYoshi - thanks for the heads up on Blade Beam.

--

November 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ShadowYoshi

Everything is ok now thanks a lot Gi. 

EDIT: It came to my mind just now that i can't use Chi-Earth which I assume it's Not-Suplex. I press the right buttons (I'm sure I do) and it says incorrect combo input

November 2, 2014 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Seems to be working for me, testing it here. I remember during beta testing a person was also having an issue with a blitz not working no matter what and being sure they were pressing the right buttons...so it does worry me, I'm not sure what to make of it though as I can't fix what isn't broke for me.

XYXY down up A

For the way i map my keys it is WAWA down up D, and it is executing the blitz fine.

If anybody else can chime in about blitz commands working or not working please do.

--

November 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Exalt

Gi Nattak at November 2, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Hmm was this the pre-patched version?

It is a result of using FF3usME along with a patch that corrects an issue with the jumping between buildings, or rather when you save with FF3usME it will cause that error, and the patch will have to be applied again.

http://zephyr129.bri...et/ZozoJump.zip

also, this one would need to be reapplied as well:

http://zephyr129.bri...net/FF3Dunc.zip

It's strange though because for one I applied the patches before uploading the Zip file (patch) and ROM, so in this case it seems like something else may be causing it...? Either that or by chance did either of you use FF3usME on it?

I went ahead and re-uploaded the ROM and applied the patches again to make doubly sure it aint a case of the usme saving thing, tested the jumps and all seems working, so maybe try this ROM here and see if it solves that issue. If it does I'm not sure how it got that way. Also strange because it seems to be happening to some, and yet not others.

Updated Prepatched ROM:

Regarding the new link, do we have to restart our game or can we pick off where we left off when downloading the new link you just gave us?

--

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

November 2, 2014 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.