Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > 1.8.0 is out

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

v1.8.0

- added no gradient patch in config menu that removes the gradient effect in all menus (credit to Madsiur)

- replaced Aurora's portrait yet again, with what imo is a better one! (thanks & credit to James White)

- replaced some monsters with some more of James White's custom sprites. (thanks & credit to James White)

- touched up some pre-existing portraits (thanks & credit to James White)

- changed some monster attack names etc. as a result of ^)

- added 'Classic Golbez' patch in the extras folder with the hack package, which changes Golbez's sprite and portrait to a much more FFIV-looking one. (credit to James White and Kugawattan)

- fixed a mistake from the previous version with FuSoYa having a bunch of random spell % upon recruitment.

- corrected a bug with characters run animations not working when Otis is in the air (Jump).

- re-worked how the Magroader monsters go back and forward in the escape from the Magitek Factory.

- added a save point at the beginning of the Fraust/Narshe raid for New Game + only.

--

June 3, 2017 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

break
Awesome, just beat Persona 5 (Ruin & True/Good endings). So I can give this game more attention/play !! Who is this "James White" person ? Also, were do we get the link/download for this update ?
--

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube

http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

June 10, 2017 at 1:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Heisenberg89

That would be me sir :)

im the last youtube channel lol mine has a werid name for some reason i dont know

--

Your godamn right!

June 10, 2017 at 3:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

The link to the pre-patched one is this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vtt9w97c4nplly0/RotDS+v1.8.2.smc

--

June 11, 2017 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

v1.8.1 is out now, just a couple real small things this time and a new splash screen compliments of James:

- changed the splash screen at the start of the game to a new original one. (thanks & credit to James White)

- touched up the horizon gradient palette for the WoR while flying in the airship.

- made the exit out of the music player noise the 'shift' sound as well.

- couple lines of dialog changed.

Same DL links.

--

June 17, 2017 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

v1.8.2 out today, more small things.

- corrected a tile properties issue in 'Error's' house basement.

- fixed a bug having to do with save points, lead character spots, and tents. (thanks to LeetSketcher)

- nerfed a few bosses hp on expert difficulty.

- nerfed the Eidolon monster's counter to Havoc to 1/3 chance.

- Eiko gets Meteo at lvl 96 now instead of 97.

- reduced prices of Digestol and Lemonade.

- quite a bit of dialog edited.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vtt9w97c4nplly0/RotDS+v1.8.2.smc

--

June 28, 2017 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

v1.8.3 is out:

- added a Step Mine patch that uses steps instead of time for MP cost (credit to Lufia).

- fixed Majin Buu from showing up on the Beast Plains.

- fixed back row damage penalty flag on some spells/skills is back to working.

- fixed a bad-looking pincer attack monster formation.

- fixed an issue with Oboro's stats going back to default in the WoR.

- lowered & changed some natural magic levels and spells learned.

- corrected volume levels in 'What Should Be' song

- corrected channel panning issues for some songs.

- slight nerfs to Shijima & Crystals, and Majin Buu (stronger version).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vtt9w97c4nplly0/RotDS+v1.8.3.smc

--

July 6, 2017 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

break

Wow, really digging the changelogs !!

Will now be updating to the latest version  ^_^"

* happy to see that some of the music was fixed/edited *

--

Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube

http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

July 6, 2017 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

0xDFA

happy birthday, Mike.

--

ROTDS:  http://echostorms.net/RotDS_v1.4.2.zip

September 4, 2017 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Will the latest patch work with previous (1.7) save states, or clean start needed? Thanks! 

October 11, 2017 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Went for the clean start, regarding ^^^

First minor bug report, Arachnid + Tzin battle with Cloud and Tifa, says 'Pincer Attack' but both characters ended up on the left side of the screen, to the further right position, yet dealing back row damage. Have them staggered (Cloud front Tifa back) in menu / default

Will post more as I come accross it - 

Cheers,
Web

October 11, 2017 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Since when can Avalon not equpid the Tai'chi cap?! Are the rest of the HP caps also inaccessible to him?? 

October 12, 2017 at 1:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

I will maintain my belief that the phantom train fight remains one of the hardest in the game, this fight has given me trouble since version 1.3 regardless of level. ...onwards

October 12, 2017 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Thanks DFA! Not sure how I missed that shoutout here...sorry about that, I appreciate it though. I had a fun Birthday from what I recall lol.

Sorry for the semi-late responses to btw, been some emergency burning fires here in northern california which crippled us here the last few days, so it's good to be back and still have my house!

Webbhead - upgrading is fine from 1.7, no worries there. just make sure it's a clean ROM you patch to as always.
Thanks for the report on that formation, I shall take a look into that!
One of these latest versions I removed the Tai'chi cap from Avalon I do recall just to not get his Havoc doing OP damage so early on, so for balancing reasons. I'm pretty sure the other HP boosting equipment can still go on him, though.
Fear the Train! lol... it is, it is. For some reason I always like the Train battle to be damn near a final battle in terms of difficulty, and I'm not too sure why lol.

--

October 12, 2017 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Tiny little bug, floating continent, I cleared the path to the battle chest as usual, walking up to the land blocking the stairs. The tile before the stairs wouldn't let me pass through it though despite looking like floor. After I fought a battle, or could have been a tele-hole to and fro, the 'blocking' tile was no longer blocking though, so it wasn't a big deal.

And yeah probably not a bad idea to prevent Havoc + Tai chi combo, gets out of hand quickly haha. 

Smooth sailing otherwise, finishing up Floating Continent now. Glad the board is back up (figures it went down for a few days just as I started playing)

October 16, 2017 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

No rewards for killing elder dragon? Or is it a chance drop I didn't get? 

October 18, 2017 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Looks like the only difference going from Diamond Armor to Crystal Mail is +2 defense and +2 mag. def... would like to think the crystal mail could be better or the diamond armor not as good? both have -3 speed, the same 6 chars can equip, and neither one has elemental bonus/weakness.

Just my 2 cents 

October 18, 2017 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Wooh! Coldfang fight was phan-figgity-fucking tastic! Perhaps taken on too early, but after 30+ recharges, an elixir, and 30 minutes, that sweet sweet sound of crackle and crumble came boisterously through. 

Plus I LOVE that song, it's so well done. 

Blue Essence ftw in that fight. 

October 20, 2017 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Is the song for the Coldfang fight "SOM Boss Theme" ? The music player plays the correct tune, but searching online the Secret of Mana Boss Theme song is a different one... a little confused

October 20, 2017 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Webbhead08

Dark Heart was a complete pushover - could definitely use some re-work. I did not feel super powered up a moment ago but this Dragon was way easier than any of the rest so far... Would like to see him a lot stronger in any future patches. All he did was hit me for 1000 damage a couple of times and down he went without much concern...

3 Veterans fight, right after walking away from this battle^^^ was infinitely harder, yeesh barely survived that unexpected insanity

October 23, 2017 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.