Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > Ideas & Requests

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Post anything here you would like to see implemented into future versions of RotDS.

January 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

A music player event in a record player object.

--

January 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

- Leo ressurection event, with playable equipable Leo.

- Oboro (Shadow) if recruited sits through the entire opera, and stays through the Magitek Facility. That, or he is a required char through the whole thing. Either or really.

--

January 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angelo
Administrator

The website included in the custom opening you inserted - I'm writing it here so you actually remember to do it

February 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wayss

A kefka related event + boss in the ancient Castle (WOR).That place is missing something.

Some secret area in the figaro castle throne room or library. Secret treasure or ghost of the old king?? Test of courage from the ancestors?? I think it needs a little more action inside the castle.

--

February 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angelo
Administrator

wayss at February 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM

A kefka related event + boss in the ancient Castle (WOR).That place is missing something.

Some secret area in the figaro castle throne room or library. Secret treasure or ghost of the old king?? Test of courage from the ancestors?? I think it needs a little more action inside the castle.

Ok, my thoughts on the first idea: It sounds awesome, what are you envisioning? A battle against kefka in his full acting sprites?

However, what would kefka be doing inside the ancient castle? How would the new event be related to the actual story?

On the second idea, sounds like you're looking for a shrine where you battle all bosses or something,kind of like FF5 or FF6 advance. That shouldn't be...too complicated to implement.

February 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wayss

Well he could be looking for some of the remaining magicite with a new asskisser that he carries around (mini boss before kefka). Or maybe just teleporting there cause he doesnt want us to find the truth about that place, ala classic villain trying to stop our progress... (im not very good at comin up with stories lol). Idk... ANYTHING to have some amount of kefka in the WOR. Glad you like the idea.

As for the Figaro thing, no im not talkin about anything like the dragon den. How about that, a ''treasure hunt'' with 2 or 3 clues around some towns that eventually lead to a figaro castle treasure room, and when you try to get out of that room, bang!! bosstime (Wich turns out to be edgar and sabin's father's ghost). Then hed say how hes proud of them and all that good stuff.

--

February 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crono

Since poco loco is the bouncer in this hack, I'd like to see something like if you cheat and get level 99 let say before you reach the WOR, poco loco appear and kick your ass !

--

February 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Angelo
Administrator

That shouldn't be too hard to implement, given that Madsiur released the code for something like this a while ago

March 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gaw
I've been thinking it over, and here's what I want. Magic should only go to about 2 or 3 characters, the rest would rely entirely on their own unique abilities. Miang would get Control (makes sense, the guards that spawn at Whelk's side could be used against it) Tifa would have her Reels, Ramsus his Tools, Rene his Blitzes, and since Cloud has Limit, Yoshi could be a bard, not a pansy bard like Gilbert, but one who would mostly use songs replacing all the effect spells. And Abel could become Faris, she'd act a lot like Gogo, but she'd be forced to keep Fight and Item. Also, I think it'd be cool if ALL the maps were entirely redone. Dungeons should be more fun, with puzzles and stuff in all of 'em. All of this stuff, comined with what you've already got, would make for an all-new take on a classic game.
March 16, 2012 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gaw

Replacing the Zone Eater's song with A Very Small Wish from KH would be cool.

--

"I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future!"

March 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gaw

A neat idea would be tweaking the magic system so that everyone would get their own special spells like in CT. It would probably work better than my previous suggestion.

--

March 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angelo
Administrator

Gaw at March 16, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I've been thinking it over, and here's what I want. Magic should only go to about 2 or 3 characters, the rest would rely entirely on their own unique abilities. Miang would get Control (makes sense, the guards that spawn at Whelk's side could be used against it) Tifa would have her Reels, Ramsus his Tools, Rene his Blitzes, and since Cloud has Limit, Yoshi could be a bard, not a pansy bard like Gilbert, but one who would mostly use songs replacing all the effect spells. And Abel could become Faris, she'd act a lot like Gogo, but she'd be forced to keep Fight and Item. Also, I think it'd be cool if ALL the maps were entirely redone. Dungeons should be more fun, with puzzles and stuff in all of 'em. All of this stuff, comined with what you've already got, would make for an all-new take on a classic game.

The idea of redoing all dungeons and everything would indeed be nice. However, this will take an insane amount of time, which will make this hack take even a longer time than Pandora's Box to be released.

Nattak changes the PC's names continuously, so I have no idea who is who anymore.

March 29, 2012 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Zeemis has offered to create a new overworld(s) for this hack, we are currenty just talking about and planning it out. It's a ton of work, and would not make it in this 1.0 version, but in the future we should have it. Also, many of the 'mini maps' we would like to change as well.  But like Angelo said, it will take a lot of time.

--

April 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gaw
Saw this disturbing but poignant quote while reading the comments on a The Day After upload and thought it could be used somewhere. "So many fish. You never want to taste one again. And for good reason, the day's catch is marinated in carrion. The oceans themselves are bloated with human corpses. Half of civilization migrated to the seabed, only a year ago. They've barely even had time to rot. Not that the fish seem to mind."
--

May 3, 2012 at 7:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gaw
Also, been thinking again, and what if the espers worked kinda like the Djinni in the Golden Sun games, equip one, immediately get stat changes and spells, take it off or summon it, and the stats revert, and the spells are gone. Would cut out a lot of grinding, and add a bit more strategy.
--

May 3, 2012 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Madsiur
Administrator

Quote Crono:

"Since poco loco is the bouncer in this hack, I'd like to see something like if you cheat and get level 99 let say before you reach the WOR, poco loco appear and kick your ass !"

It is possible to make something like this with my party level check event command, although it only works for the party members of the active party.

Quote Gaw:

"A neat idea would be tweaking the magic system so that everyone would get their own special spells like in CT. It would probably work better than my previous suggestion."

Theorically you could split the spell among the 14 characters (or only people who can use magic). That does require a lot of hacking. Adding new spell is very difficult because of the 255 spell list limit (including enemy moves, espers, blitz, swtech, etc...)

Quote Gaw:

"Also, been thinking again, and what if the espers worked kinda like the Djinni in the Golden Sun games, equip one, immediately get stat changes and spells, take it off or summon it, and the stats revert, and the spells are gone. Would cut out a lot of grinding, and add a bit more strategy."

Possible to do but even harder to implement than your seperated spell suggestion. Nice idea though!

--

May 7, 2012 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

Hey new here, not really sure where I should introduce myself and I didn't want to overstep my bounds by making a new thread haha.  I was very excited to play your Last Hope All-Stars version 5 and was dissapointed to see you took it down, but now I see why, the things you are planning for this version of the game look absolutely amazing. I am currently playing Final Fantasy Eternal Crystals hack which is impressive not even close to the potential I am seeing here. I saw your review for Eternal Crystals though and I can tell that you were definitely inspired by it!

I love the references in the game, the DBZ characters, Disgaea Prinnies, Axem Rangers etc.  Not really sure what I can say u could add in since I havent played a beta yet but it looked amazing, keep up the great work and if u need another test I'm interested

September 15, 2012 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Madsiur
Administrator

Quote Retrogamer:
"Did this project die?"

The project is still active. Gi Nattak is running into some bug issues and him and Angelo are still adding content, whether it's new songs or new events. I cannot give more detail because I don't know much more than this and Gi Nattak could give you more info about a release date.

--

October 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

Ok that's awesome good to know!

October 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.