Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > Ideas & Requests

Roxas123

I have an idea though you may already have it. For the menu portraits, can you do something new. Like say use the charcter sprite for the menu portraits.

October 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Stoned Kuroi

Hello There Sir, I Have An Idea, You Could Put Crono As An Playable Character And Zeal As An Boss. ^^. (Please,Please? >~<) This Can Be Possible? Sorry For Bad English I Guess O-O                                                                                                                                                 Ica-Kun~

--

Classic Sig

[spoiler]

Is Isn't Clear, Isn't?!

WE FAILED ONCE

WE FAILED TWICE

NOW WE MUST

FAIL AGAIN.                                   

''KEFKA YOU FREAKING FAILED AGAIN!!''

[/spoiler]

---

October 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

Its Halloween! How's the release Gi!?

October 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

Any Updates!? Did the storm halt the project?!

November 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Madsiur
Administrator

Quote Roxas123:
"I have an idea though you may already have it. For the menu portraits, can you do something new. Like say use the charcter sprite for the menu portraits."

This can easily be done but I don't think this is what Gi Nattak wants...

Quote Icarus Destin:
"I Have An Idea, You Could Put Crono As An Playable Character And Zeal As An Boss. This Can Be Possible?"

It is possible but I think all the 16 characters position are already filled. Same thing for monsters I think. You can however play Chrono Trigger since the game feature Chrono as the main character. Isn't Zeal a kingdom? You want a kingdom as a boss???

Quote Retrogamer:
"Any Updates!? Did the storm halt the project?!"

No. The storm did not affect the project. As for updates I'll send a message to Gi Nattak to inform you guys a bit.

--

November 7, 2012 at 2:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

Thanks Madsiur. Bare with me for just a couple more days fellas, the latest build of the hack is almost ready to send out. There's still unfinished work and some wicked bugs unfortunatly, but I can still send it out and continue to work on that stuff.

--

November 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bahamut ZERO

I've got some ideas: How about instead of their being only 2 airship's in the world,  airships were more commonplace.

Random airships could fly by you as you traverse the wilderness. You could run into sky pirates or merchanrs by flying into them with your own air ship. There could be sky raiders in the World of Ruin, surivors of the cataclysm that have salaged parts of military and civilian airships

. You could have airship battles where your party consists of the the airships side and main guns, There could be garages to buy better weapons for your airship, and gather the parts in salage  yards to craft your own. Or raid a military base!

There could some floating continents other then the one you go to for the main story. There could be extra towns, dungeons, a floating battle arena. It could be set either by events like hearing a rumor, or they could be floating around waiting you to fly up to it!

It would give much more variety when exploring the owrld via airship.

This next thing is more of a request than an idea. Any chance you could change the normal battle music to "Fighting" from Final Fantasy VII? There are almost enough characters from that game to make an entire party, that battle theme would just seal the deal.

March 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bahamut ZERO

I don't mean to double post, but I thought of a great idea for the battle bgm request. After reading around on the forum here, I found out that the world map's basically the only time you hear battle music (I think). I was wondering if it s possible to add or edit an npc in the tutorial hall (first town) to let you set a battle bgm from a list of choices?  Or better yet, add a third page in the options to include the fuction? It would probably  end up being incredibly complicated and would take a long to make it fully integrated and functional, but the freedom of choice would make for a more player-personalized experience,

In purely theoretical terms, it could be laid out as such:

Battle BGM Mode:   Normal / Classic

The "Normal" option would be the current way the game handles the battle bgm. The "Classic" option would be how FF6 originally handle battled music (normally music playing every battle minus the specific event areas)

Battle BGM select: Normal / Custom    

The "Normal" option would be the music normally played. The "Custom" option would be the player's custom setup for the different battle themes, with the exceptions of the bgms of the the final battle and the weapon fight on the Floating Continet.. Selecting this option would enable a seperate menu the player could enter by hitting the confirm button  while higlighting the  "Custom" option, and this menu could also be  added to the  Equip / Relic menu cycle when "Custom" is the selected option. Then the cycle would be Equip / Relic / Battle BGM, so the player could accsess it easier.

The Battle BGM  menu would be set up exactly like the Equip menu layout, but with a few differences.

The "Empty" option  would become "Reset All" and would reset any changed bgms back to the original bgms.The "Rmove" option would become "Reset Single" and would allow the player to change bgms back to their originals one by one.There wouldn't be an "Optimize" option, and the player wouldn't be able to remove bgms at all, only default to the normal bgms. 

There would be slots for the bgms just like the equip menu, so three if your going by normal fights, normal boss fights, and the victory fanfare.The Bgms woulfd be like equipable things, either collectable throughout the game and visible in your item menu, or all would be available from the get-go, but not visible on the item menu (less clutter). There could a set number of c hoices for each, like 9-10 choices for optional bgms for normal battles, 8-9 for normal boss fights, and  5-6 for victory fanfares.

Keep in mind it would only affect default normal battles and default normal boss battles, and the fanfare. So when you're wandering around on the world map, getting i nto fights, you could hear whatever tickles your fancy! Not that I don't like the battle bgms, the customization aspect of it would be one of those little things that make RoDS even more one of a kind. 8)

March 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim820

Hi,

I am not sure if the suggestion has been made or considered. But I think this idea will make "RotDS" more interesting if implemented.

The idea can be reference to who has played "Romancing Saga 3".  The idea which allows the character(s) to "learn" skills/Techniques by "sparking" (the light bulb flashes on the characters' head during battles..

This "sparking" idea can help diversify the game-play by seperating the "Magic / Magi" (innate capabilities) from "Skill/Tech" abilities which are gain/earn during Battles.

I think "Magic / Magi" should be earn or given during special/crucial  Events or Circumstances that helps drives the plot or the story..

To implement the "random Sparking" during battle, I think of a simple algorithum as follow:

EventsCount =
(Estimate time of Game) [DIVIDE BY] 
(Number of events)

CharacterVsOpponent = 
(Charcter Lvl) 
[DIVIDE BY]  (1 - Opponent Lvl / 100)

Character%ToSpark
CharacterVsOpponent  
[DIVIDE BY]   EventsCount

That is a very crude calculation that I came up with while typing this message..  There are many many other factors that can make the "Sparking" system very interesting as well as accurate so that it can be pace smoothly through out the whole story.   

The best to this project!  Looking forward to the upcoming release.

CHEERS!

April 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim820

Excuse me for teh double-post but my "Edit" did not display..

Hi, I am not sure if the suggestion has been made or considered. But I think this idea will make "RotDS" more interesting if implemented.

The idea can be reference to those who have played "Romancing Saga 3".  The idea which allows character(s) to "learn" skills/Techniques by "sparking" (a light bulb flashes on the characters' head during battles)..

This "sparking" idea can help diversify the game-play by seperating the "Magic / Magi" (innate capabilities) from "Skill/Tech" abilities which are gain/earn during Battles.

I think "Magic / Magi" should be earned or given during special/crucial  moments, events, or circumstances that helps drives a plot or the story..To implement the "random Sparking" during battle, I think of a simple algorithum, as follow:

MomentCounts =
(Estimate Game Length) [DIVIDE BY]  (Number of plot)

CharacterVsOpponent =
(Charcter Lvl)  [DIVIDE BY]  (1 - Opponent Lvl / 100)

Character % ToSpark =
CharacterVsOpponent   [DIVIDE BY]  MomentCounts

That is a very simple calculation I came up with while typing this message..  There are many many other factors that can make the "Sparking" system very interesting, as well as, accurate to pace smoothly through the whole story.    ..Best to this project!!  I am looking forward to the upcoming release.

CHEERS!!!

April 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Starsinger17

Would it be possible to remove stat growth from the player's hands and instead have characters gain stats as they level? To remove the sense of "Man, all those levels I gained before I got Espers were wasted."

April 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

yeah, actually I have implemented a basic stat growth system via leveling up just the other day that is going to be in the next phase, I also removed character level avereging. I suppose I could make those changes in the phase 3 ROM and send it out, cause its going to be a while until the next phase of testing.

--

April 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Starsinger17

I suppose it goes without saying, but I would be interested in play testing the stats via leveling version of phase 3 if you did that.

April 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bahamut ZERO

Although I doubt there would be room for it, but some chocobo races would be pretty amazing.  Race 3-4 other people on chocobos on a couple small tracks like Super Mario Kart, with gil or items as a reward.

October 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/files/file/66-final-fantasy-vi-brave-new-world/

Wasn't sure where to put this, Insane Difficulty has just come out with their own Hack called: Brave New World. A few notable things that might be cool for ROTDS are:

Revised character experience & HP growth to lower the average expected level at which players first obtain espers (so as to prevent "wasted" levels)

Reworked stamina to bring it in line with the other main stats, which included edits to esper boosts and several characters' base stamina

Retooled the Morph status to be a toggled stance rather than a timed one that boosts offensive power at the expense of increasing damage taken

November 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

a lot of what you are suggesting has been implemented a long time ago, as for some of the other stuff we feel it wouldn't be right or fair to copy other people's ideas, the reason why Nattak has a lot of my ideas and is incorporating a few things that will be in my hack is because I give him exclusive permission to do so, same with 2 or 3 things that he did that will be in my hack (which I won't say lol)

--

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

November 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

Poco Loco at November 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM

a lot of what you are suggesting has been implemented a long time ago, as for some of the other stuff we feel it wouldn't be right or fair to copy other people's ideas, the reason why Nattak has a lot of my ideas and is incorporating a few things that will be in my hack is because I give him exclusive permission to do so, same with 2 or 3 things that he did that will be in my hack (which I won't say lol)

I saw you were credited with Brave New World and yea I get the whole plagiarism thing. I have been playing BNW and I am finding that it has many great things that I think ROTDS would greatly benefit from still.

For one...why isn't ROTDS on Insane Difficulty? Those guys would love it there and you would have a shit ton of people who are great at beta testing. I am assuming it has something to do with the hack not being complete yet and wanting to keep it on the "down low" until then, personally I don't think having more Beta Testers would do any harm but thats for you guys to decide.

Whereas ROTDS is massive overhaul in incredible added events, scenes, dialogue, story, pixel art spells...that I am still in awe over, BNW has better game balance. I am at Kefka's tower still and after about dozen attempts to defeat Omega Weapon...even resorting to cheating to gain levels quicker and a Stat boost cheat...I still got owned.

It's a difficulty hack for sure, and suffers from the same problem the original had in terms of stats....Magic Trumps all. Magic turns Ronin into a massive powerhouse as it boosts almost all of best Blitzs, no reason to give Ronin other boosts besides Magic+2, and the same applies to most other characters including even Cloud. Avalon is still the black sheep of the game with a weak ability in Havoc.

BNW helps to balance Vigor,Stamina with Magic and restricts Esper/Spells to characters so not everyone could become super mage which happens in ROTDS because since I boost magic almost exclusively between most characters their spells become godly and trump their abilities  in some cases. I also much prefer Terra being able to be morphed indefinitely at a penalty of taking more damage in morphed form. Gil Toss which is too weak to be usable is actually usable in BNW.

I am quite glad though that both of you are working together though to improve both BNW and ROTDS I would love to see the best things of both combined together. Most of what i'm saying may already be implemented in ROTDS's next release anyway:P. But don't get too hung up on the whole plagarism thing, just ask permission. There is no money involved in this we all just want to have the most epic FF6 experiece possible!

December 14, 2013 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lockirby2

I find it quite interesting how ROTDS and BNW went completely opposite directions with how to increase difficulty. BNW mostly went for fixing all of FF6's OP game mechanics and only buffed the fights a little. ROTDS left many of the game mechanics but made enemies that could handle them. Personally I like that the two hacks have their own distinct styles.

ROTDS is definitely more difficult than BNW.  Alpha-Omega and Zuriel took me quite a while to beat.

--

I wish I was eating chocolate right now.

December 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Retrogamer

Im glad im not the only one who had a hard time with Alpha Omega..Avalon is chilling in the Airship lol

December 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Madsiur
Administrator

Why ROTDS is not on Insane Difficulty is for two reasons: First, Gi Nattak never asked to get a sub-forum there or got an offer and second ROTDS was not initially by definition a difficulty hack, althought it became one. Unless I'm mistaken, ID host difficulty hack like FF7:Hard Type, FFVI Dancing Mad and FF9:Unleashed.

--

December 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.