Return of the Dark Sorcerer: A FFVI mod

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > RotDS Discussion > Ideas & Requests

Lockirby2

I feel as though the long magic delay is on purpose to nerf Magic (as the command is ubiquitous and often more powerful than characters' unique specials come endgame).  It's debatable how much this helps (I feel that it tends towards nerfing the healing/status spells rather than the offensive ones) but as far as I'm concerned, Magic needs any nerf it can get in an FF6 hack, and this gear would go backwards on that.

If Aurora and Eiko seem slow, it's not a problem, it's a solution. :P

--

I wish I was eating chocolate right now.

August 9, 2014 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ff super fan

is the patch done i would like to help test play

August 27, 2014 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

its done when its done, we repetedly said not to ask that on any posts, also this obviously ain't the topic to ask anyway

--

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

August 28, 2014 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bahamut ZERO

@LK2: After thinking about my suggestion, I'm inclined to agree you about the gear, especially after thinking about how broken it would be to have say, Arc completely tanked out in +15% CR gear.

But at the same time, I still think it would be cool to increase the casting speed. Not through gear, but perhaps through use of spells and over time "mastering" the casting of those spells.

Say for instance,  Serin learns Fireball via an epser. He's not particularly used to chanting said  Fireball spell as he's just learned it, making him slow to cast it. Then, over time (and some trial and error) he's more comfortable with it, allowing him to cast it a bit faster than someone who had just learned it.

Think of it as a confidence gauge or something, where at a low percent it would be slower than normal, midway it would be ROTDS' normal speed, then when full it would be slightly faster than normal. Not to a gamebreaking degree of course, just maybe a few percent faster. I wouldn't want to be able cast Flare at FFIV Palom's gamebreaking cast rate.

Which sort of brings me to my random idea for the day haha.

It would be great if there was a reaction rate gauge that fills over top the atb gauge in a different color  to show how much time it takes for a character to use actions like spells, summons, lore, and their unique skills. Kind of like the atb guage in the FFIV Complete Collection for PSP, but it would be MUCH more useful in ROTDS, and look cool as shit. :D

--

"Return of the Dark Sorcerer" without quotes makes for a helluva good seed for Minecraft PS3 Edition. 

- 2 Villages, 2 Desert Temples, some jaw dropping terrain, and plenty of ravines. -

September 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lockirby2

While it would be interesting, I doubt it would affect much to be honest.  The way ROTDS is balanced with its animations and enemy speeds, you will probably just get one turn per enemy turn with each character by the time you have learnt spells, whether the command delay is dropped much or not.  You could probably play through the entire game after Psycho City without seeing a single extra turn from a 30% reduction in all command delays (excluding the first turn of any given fight, where it might realistically help out on occasion).

--

September 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bahamut ZERO

Request of the day: World map battle music based on who your party leader is. Aurora's your leader? Lufia 2 music. Cloud or Tifa? FF7 Fighting music for your earholes. Arc? Epic FF3 battle theme.Avalon? How about some first level music from Kickmaster to blow your mind? and so forth.

Hell, after typing that last part, I'd probably have my mind blown just hearing the level 1 music from Kickmaster at some high octane part of the game (like when you're escaping the factory in the mine carts)

--

"Return of the Dark Sorcerer" without quotes makes for a helluva good seed for Minecraft PS3 Edition. 

- 2 Villages, 2 Desert Temples, some jaw dropping terrain, and plenty of ravines. -

October 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bahamut ZERO

Oh man I just thought of a fun minigame: OTIS'S EXTREME CANNON FISHING TOURNAMENT.

--

October 11, 2014 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

I like the world map idea

--

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

October 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bahamut ZERO

Seeing as you guys are wanting to put in a music player down the line, it would be great if it were an infinte-use item (like the guest character dolls).  Perhaps an Ipod or m3 player hidden inside the developer house somewhere.

--

October 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

flarenial

ok so here's one for the community.  although it might be impractical and or time consuming, it would be neat to see beta tester names/user names in end rolling credits, or maybe even just the top 10 contributors (bugs found, typos, etc)

--

October 23, 2014 at 3:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gi Nattak
Site Owner

I do have most of all the good testers and rotds staff/special thanks names in the end credits. Actually I do have some more to add so thanks for reminding me, but for the most part they are all there. I will be sure to add you as well. It's not as organized as it should be and I had to abbreviate some names, but I did manage to get most of them in there. =) They are not in the big bold font, but they come in at the end of the credits in the staff and special thanks sections.

--

October 23, 2014 at 5:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

flarenial

oh thats cool lol.  welcome for the reminder, but i dont really feel like i did enough to merit my name being there lol

--

October 23, 2014 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Madsiur
Administrator

What would be not cool is to see the names of the testers that were all hyped to play the beta but remained silent when came the time to identify bugs or give input about the hack.

--

October 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

flarenial

this too lol

--

October 26, 2014 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

I agree lol

--

-HNIC

October 29, 2014 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tim820

Congratulation to the RotDS team with the completion of Beta testing.

i have invested ++24 hours into the title.  I enjoy the well-written dialogs and interesting plot(s) with the new areas in addition to the extra music selection that creates a cohesive unique exciting atmosphere to the towns and combats.

I am currently at the "Watcher's Woods", chasing Arc, after the raft-ride from finishing Kefka's camp. lol

Frankly, I have put about 3-5 hours "working with the attribute points" after each Lvl-up.  For instance, if Ronan is next to level, then I focus on on the:

Might

Speed

Stamina

With each character's growth, I specifically do my best to attain those 3 points or 2 points so that the character reaches their unique potential.

Suggestions & Ideas:

1. I think the suggestion with increasing the 'magic cast-time' can help.

2. I noted that some skills become less when other skills are acquired.

Here is a hypothetical example: the spell "Flame" is less effective then "Fira" which is lesser of "Flare".

Maybe then if,  "Flame" is referred in special dialog-plot(s) that may give a sense of importance & help drives the story.

3. The attributes point distribution between 0-3 is neat however, at my rate, who is going to go after  GilgaMesh & Kefka. lol

4. Sorry, some of the names or labels to restore HP seems like they are futuristicly from "Secret of Evermore"..

5. I am about  lvl 23 and I think Ronan's "Chi-Ice" with 1500-3000 from where I am is unbalance.

Thank-you very much for your time & passion to the Title, I look forward to finishing.

October 31, 2014 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lockirby2

If you're level 23 by Watcher's Woods, then you're a little overleveled.  My Ronan didn't reach level 23 until the WoR.  At that point, it's no wonder that the skill is unbalanced.

On the other hand, I thought that it wasn't possible to learn Chi-Ice that early?

--

October 31, 2014 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Poco Loco
Administrator

Tim820 I thank you personally for that comment about Ronan's stats, it was something I suggested to Nattak long ago, although it was tweaked previously I suppose a little more wouldn't hurt, I didn't have the time to fully and thoroughly check all the char's stats so thanks for the added input

--

-HNIC

November 2, 2014 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Exalt

You should include a bestiary in the next version of RotDS.

--

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

November 28, 2014 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lockirby2

Do you mean something like a spreadsheet available after you beat the game?  Or more like an in-game bestiary?  The former is obviously doable (if Nattak wants to release that info), but the latter would probably be very difficult.

--

November 28, 2014 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.